Birdcage veils have made a comeback in recent years, and it's easy to see why. These cute and stylish veils are perfect for brides who want to add a touch of vintage glamour to their wedding day look. Here are a few things to consider if you're thinking about wearing a birdcage veil on your big day:
- Choose the right length: Birdcage veils are usually shorter than traditional veils, and they come in a range of lengths from just a few inches to around shoulder length. Consider your height and the overall style of your wedding dress when choosing the length of your birdcage veil.
- Pick the right material: Birdcage veils can be made from a variety of materials, including tulle, lace, and Russian veiling. Consider the look and feel you want for your veil, as well as the weight of the material. A lighter, airier material may be more suitable for a summer wedding, while a heavier material may be better for a winter wedding.
- Think about the style of your wedding dress: A birdcage veil looks best when paired with a simple, classic wedding dress. If your dress has a lot of beading or embellishments, you may want to choose a more understated veil or a tulle birdcage veil.
- Consider the shape of your face: Birdcage veils can be especially flattering for brides with heart-shaped or oval-shaped faces, as they help to frame the face and bring balance to the overall look. Although a birdcage veil worn at an angle will flatter all face shapes.
- Decide on a veil style: There are several different styles of birdcage veils to choose from, including bandeau, Venetian, blusher, and Juliet cap veils. Consider which style will best suit your face shape and overall wedding day look.
- Accessorize wisely: Because birdcage veils are shorter and more understated than traditional veils, you may want to add a little extra sparkle with your accessories. Consider wearing statement earrings or a glitzy headband to add some extra shine to your look.
- Don't be afraid to be creative: While birdcage veils are often associated with vintage-inspired weddings, they can also be worn with more modern and contemporary wedding dresses. If you're feeling adventurous, consider pairing a birdcage veil with a more unconventional wedding dress for a truly unique look.
Overall, birdcage veils are a fun and stylish choice for brides who want to add a touch of vintage glamour to their wedding day look. Whether you go for a traditional veil style or something a little more creative, a birdcage veil is sure to make a statement on your big day.